If you’re one of those people who skips filling in their eyebrows, or feel as if you don’t have the time to pay attention to them in the mornings, then think again. You’re missing out on one of the most important features!
I’ve been wanting to share my knowledge on eyebrows for a while and I can’t begin to stress the impact they have on any face. Yes, they frame your face, but if you’re anything like me, it’s one of the first things that draw your attention, especially close up! So even if you haven’t shaped your brows for a couple of weeks (or in my case, a month 😮 !!!) you can still make them look pro!
Take for example my #nomakeupselfie below and compare it to the makeup selfie on the right. Notice how neutral the face is both with and without makeup, just by enhancing the eyebrows, they can instantly lift the face 🙂 .
So here is how it’s done….
Eyebrow powder / eyeshadow (cream pigment / loose)
Small flat angled brush
Clear eyebrow / lash gel
(Optional) highlighting powder / liquid / shimmer
Please note, I have not applied any makeup, this is purely so you can focus on the eyebrows only.
1) PREP- It’s important to conceal around your brows to even out skin colour and to make them noticeable for the final look. I’m using my favourite, MAC studio finish concealer in NW30
2) FILLING – Using your flat angled brush, dip into the product and follow your hairs, gently feathering out towards the end of the tail. Make sure you’re filling in the eyebrow as you’re going along. The trick is to go softly and blend at the same time so no harsh lines are visible
3) FINISH -Take your clear brow / lash gel and comb through your brows. This blends out the product so the brows look natural.
4) CORRECT- If you’ve spotted any imperfections, go back to your concealer and tidy up around the edges
5) If you’re happy with the final look you can leave them as they are, or if you’d like your brows to stand out some more, take your highlighter and dot a small amount underneath the arch
What do you think? Do you fill in your brows any differently?